27 Kasım 2007 Salı

Used to&Would Exercises

Use USED TO / WOULD

1. I ….. used to be ……. (be) very shy. Whenever a stranger came to our house, I …would
hide …………(hide) in a closet.
2. I remember my Aunt Susan very well. Every time she came to our house, she
………………………………. (give) me a big kiss and pinch my cheek.
3. I ……………………………….. (be) afraid of flying. My heart …………………………..
(start) pounding every time I stepped on a plane. But now I’m used to flying and enjoy it.
4. I got a new bicycle when I was ten. My friends …………………………………….. (ask)
to ride it, but for years I ……………………………………………… (let / never) anyone else use it.
5. When my grandfather was a boy and had a cold, his mother ………………………………
(make) him go to bed. Then she …………………………………….. (put) goose fat on his chest.
6. When I was a child, I ……………………………………….. (take) a flashlight to bed
with me so that I could read comic books without my parents’ knowing about it.
7. Last summer, my sister and I took a camping trip in the Rocky Mountains. It was a
wonderful experience. Every morning, we ……………………………………. (wake) up
to the sound of singing birds. During the day, we …………………………………. (hike)
through woods and along mountain streams.
8. I can remember Mrs. Sawyer’s fifth grade class well. When we arrived each morning, she
……………………………….. (sit) at her desk. She ………………………………………
(smile / always) and …………………………………………… (say) hello to each student
as he or she entered. When the bell rang, she ………………………………………(stand)
up and ……………………………………. (clear) her throat. That was our signal to be
quiet. Class was about to begin.

Hiç yorum yok: